Biro Klasifikasi Indonesia (BKI) remained the fourth Asian classification agencies after Japan, China and Korea, and the only one national classification agency in charge of making a classification of Indonesian flagged and foreign flagged commercial vessels regularly operating in Indonesian waters.
BKI has been conducting the vessel classification based on hull construction, machinery, and electricity installation, in a bid to evaluate vessel’s merit to sail. In addition, BKI has been entrusted by the Government to conduct surveys and statutory certifications in the name of the Government of the Republic of Indonesia, Load Line, ISM Code and ISPS Code Certifications.
BKI was established by implementing technical standards in the activities of design and construction as well as maritime surveys related to floating facilities, including vessels and offshore construction. These standards were prepared and issued by BKI as technical publications. A vessel designed and built based on the BKI standards would obtain a Classification Certificate issued by BKI after BKI completed a set of requisite classification surveys.
As an independent Classification Agency which was self-regulatory, BKI had no interest in commercial aspects related to the design, building, ownership, operation, management, maintenance/repair, insurance or leasing of the vessel. BKI also conducted research and development for the purpose of enhancing technical quality and standards which were published to the stakeholders of vessel classification services.
Exclusive Support from the BKI Class :
- Carry out surveys Indonesian-flagged vessels on behalf of the Government of Indonesia cq. Directorate General of Sea Communication.
- Examination of ship construction, survey and testing
- also issuance of class certificate and ship registration.
- Inspection and testing of floating facilities and offshore construction facilities.
- Testing and certification of materials and components.
- Testing and certification of welder’s qualification, welding inspectors and other welding experts.
- Carry out the inspection and the certification in the field of statutory based on the authorization of the
- Government of Republic of Indonesia and from other governments.
- Acting as an agent or representative of foreign classification / foreign consultants.
- Carried out supervision on quality system of manufacturers and service companies related to shipbuilding.
Transportation Department Services for Marine Inspection :
- New Building Design & Supervision
- Stability Calculation
- Ship Repair & Modification Supervision
- Ship Condition Survey
- Longitudinal Strength of Ship Calculation
- Deck / Tank Top Maximum Load Calculation
- Safety Management Manual (ISM Code)
- Tank Condition Survey
- Tank Calibration Survey
- On & Off Hire Survey
- Insurance Survey
- Bollard Pull Test
- Draught Survey
- Plane Maintenance System (PMS)
- Crane Inspection and Certification
- Helideck Inspection & Certification
Industrial Certification :
- 16 a company profile
- Crane, Forklift, Loader, Lift & Truck Crane Inspection & Certification
- Lifting Gear Inspection & Certification
- Boiler Inspection & Certification
- Electrical Equipment Inspection & Certification
- Lightning rod Inspection & Certification
- Pressure Safety Valve Inspection & Certification
- Pressure Vessel Inspection & Certification
- Tower Inspection & Certification
- Winch Load Testing
- Bollard & Pad Eye Load Testing
- Load Cell & Water Bag Rental
Testing BKI Services for :
1. Non Destructive Testing :
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Magneting Particle Testing
- Dye Penetrant Testing
- Radiography / X-Ray Testing
- Gas Free Testing
- High Voltage for MSB Test
- Current Injection for MSB
- Crack Depth Testing
- Meager Test
- Vibration Measurement
- Noise Level Measurement
- Crank Shaft Deflection
- Load Test Generator
- Load Bank Testing
- Holiday Detector Test
2. Mechanical Testing , Laboratory Department :
- Tensile Test
- Charpy Impact Test
- Bending Test (Steel & Stainless Plate)
- Hardness Test (Vickers, Rockwell & Brenell)
- Metalgraphy Test (Macro & Micro)
- Chemical Analysis Test (Fe Base, Cu Base & Al Base)
|CLIENT NAME||PROJECT NAME||TYPE|
|PT. Tri Ratna Diesel||CB. Jet Li||Crewboat|
|PT. PTK||PB. Singosari||Pilotboat/Crewboat|
|PT. Tunas Terafulk Lines||CB. Tunas Terafulk||Crewboat|
|PT. Samudera Marine Indonesia||MT. SK LINE I||SPOB|
|PT. Dumas Tanjung Perak||MT. MATINDOK||Tanker|
|PT. Dok Kodja Bahari||KRI Tarakan – 905||bcm/Fleet Tanker|
|PT. Dok Kodja Bahari||Kapal AT-1 518||Landing Ship Tank/AT|
|PT. Elnusa Tbk||Elnusa Samudera 8||Accomodation Work Barge|
|FLOATING PRODUCTION UNIT (FPU)|
|Inpex Masela Ltd.||INPEX FLNG Masela||Floating, Storage and Off-loading|
|PT. PGN (Persero)||FSRU Lampung||Floating, Production, Storage and Off-loading|
|PT. Nusantara Regas||FSRU West Java||FLNG, Rig, Platform, etc.|
|Pertamina PHE WMO||MODU Boss 1||Mobile Offshore Drilling/Production, Unit|
|ENI Muara Bakau||ENI FPU Jangkrik||Floating, Storage, Regasification Unit|
|Petronas||FPSO Ratu Nusantara|
|Pertamina PHE WMO||FSO Aberkhah|
|PT. PLN (Persero)||PLN CNG Carrier|
|PT. Trade Maritime, TBK||LNG Carrier|
Jl. Yos Sudarso 38-40 Tanjung Priok Jakarta – 14320