At our Damen Shiprepair & Conversion (DSC) yards we bring together our rich history of naval shipbuilding, maintenance and repair. Through Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), we have 140 years of newbuild naval experience. From this stems our knowledge of cutting-edge naval technology, the most cost-efficient, reliable and proven design solutions, and our ability to understand and speak your language.
ANY SHIP, ANY SERVICE
We handle every type of naval vessel: frigates, corvettes, patrol vessels, fast-attack crafts, logistical support, amphibious vessels and more. We can provide a variety of services such as technical services, maintenance and repair works, but also more complex services, such as a total vessel refit (life-time extension) and conversions (new functionalities). In addition, we offer a network of trusted suppliers, subcontractors and partners, all of whom are suitably experienced with naval standards to perform work on onboard equipment, such as combat systems, flight decks, hangars or helicopter traverse systems.
- Preventive/predictive maintenance and maintenance management (all in close cooperation)
- Maintenance integrator: we take the lead in project coordination
- Technical centre of excellence in naval products, expertise on shock, noise, vibration, electromagnetic signature, infrared signature, naval rules
- Obsolescence management: we can advise you on vessel components (how they will age and their future availability)
- Security clearance: we handle classified information with the utmost care and integrity
- Joint training: we make sure you are familiarised with the newly installed system
- Covered drydock availability: no weather delays and guaranteed on-time completion
YARD & DRY DOCK AVAILABILITY
For naval projects we can welcome you at a variety of yards, especially Vlissingen, Brest, Dunkirk, Den Helder, Rotterdam and Harlingen. Of course, coordination between these and other yards is possible as well. Vlissingen and Rotterdam offer covered drydock availability, and in Harlingen and Den Helder you can make use of covered halls, which means that your paint system can be applied under better conditions with guaranteed on-time completion.
Damen has an established history in building Naval Ships. Our range of Security and Patrol Vessels – from 7 metres to more than 200 metres – offers unrivalled seakeeping behaviour, speed and reliability.
Research & Development
Our R&D teams are continuously improving our vessels – making them faster, quieter, more economical and more environmentally friendly. The Enlarged Ship Concept and the Sea Axe are just some of the pioneering designs that we have developed.
Damen’s standard designs offer numerous advantages:
- – Fast delivery
- – Competitive pricing
- – Tried & tested technology
- – Best price-quality ratio
- – High resale value
Hulls in stock
To reduce delivery times to a minimum, we build vessels for stock. Customers can fine-tune their vessel with a large range of options to meet their specific requirements.
- AIR DEFENCE AND COMMAND FRIGATE
- SIGMA FRIGATE & CORVETTE
- SIGMA FAST ATTACK
- OCEAN GOING PATROL VESSEL
- OFFSHORE PATROL VESSEL
- STAN PATROL
- FAST CREW SUPPLIERS SECURITY
- LANDING PLATFORM DOCK
- LANDING SHIP
- LANDING CRAFT
- STAN LANDER
- LOGISTIC SUPPORT VESSEL
- JOINT SUPPORT SHIP
- HYDROGRAPHIC SURVEY VESSEL
- MULTI-ROLE AUXILIARY VESSEL
- ESCAPE GEAR SHIP / RESCUE GEAR SHIP
- SAIL TRAINING VESSELS
- TRAINING VESSELS